Taking an Active Role in Education
The Shelly Company takes an active role in educating about its operations, culture and job sites.
We believe in sharing our resources to better help the future workforce understand the importance in building roads and infrastructure.
Our team members often volunteer to speak at local universities and colleges. The Shelly Company has an open door policy and invites local school groups to its operations for a hands-on experience.
Students come in all ages and sizes. The following activities and outreaches provide time for questions and answers to better understand the importance of mining aggregates and making roads for our quality of life:
- OAIMA (Ohio Aggregates & Industrial Minerals Association) – Teachers Workshop Project STONE
- Legislative Site Tours
- Rocks Build Our World
- Scholarship Programs (Employee dependents and local area high schools)
- Washington DC Fly-Ins
- Open Houses
- Ohio Contractors Association CONSTRUCTOR FOR A DAY
- Ohio Concrete Future Leaders Program
- Ohio State University - Construction Management Course & Landscape Architect Program
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce Road Tour