On February 9, 2016, it was announced that The Shelly Company was awarded with the 2015 Oldcastle Outstanding Community Outreach Company Award. Shelly’s significant contributions and positive differences in its local communities include its themed truck program, food drives, employee-driven community action committees, wildlife habitat sites, classroom presentations, quarry tours, legislative tours and much more. This award demonstrates the compassion, camaraderie, and spirit that make up The Shelly Company.
The Outstanding Community Outreach Award honors companies that best embrace and exemplify Oldcastle’s purpose to foster optimism on Earth and especially in the lives of those in need. This is the fourth year of the Oldcastle Community Awards Program and as in the past years, Oldcastle is proud to recognize its companies and employees who make their communities better places. This program is an excellent opportunity for Oldcastle to continue to build a great team and to recognize and reward superior performance. Companies are nominated based on the following criteria.
– Demonstrate a significant contribution and positive impact in their communities
– Create a culture that encourages employee involvement in their communities
– Heighten positive exposure and awareness of the local companies, Oldcastle and the industry
– Contribute to the communities’ well-being
– Exemplify the values of good neighbors
“I am proud of our team, as everyone had a hand in this outstanding achievement said Ty Nofziger, The Shelly Company President.” “We go above and beyond – not because we have to, but because we want to.”